- Prevent you from accessing Windows.
- Encrypt files so you can’t use them.
- Stop certain apps from running (like your web browser).
Ransomware will demand that you pay money (a “ransom”) to get access to your PC or files. However, tere is no guarantee that paying the fine or doing what the ransomware tells you will give access to your PC or files again.
- Install and use an up-to-date antivirus solution.
- Make sure your software is up-to-date.
- Avoid clicking on links or opening attachments or emails from people you don’t know or companies you don’t do business with.
- Have a pop-up blocker running in your web browser.
- Regularly backup your important files.